09 October 2014

POEM: THE LETTER, TO MY IDENTITY

Posted by Vinoth Subramanian | Thursday, October 09, 2014 Categories: , , ,




Who am I indeed?
How long can I plead?
Begged my mind and beseeched myself!
A full-grown tree searching its seed!



They took me a journey
To an unknown world
It was a seven day commute
Where everything was cute but infernally mute!


First day I saw,
A gorgeous and an eye sucking flower
Plucked it and sniffed
Deceived me, twas paper-flower!


The next day I looked,
A strong and gigantic Eagle
I was eagerly waiting for it to soar
But, cheated me and struggling with its broken wings!


On the third day I ogled
A well built and a very brave horse
I went near it for a ride.
Shocked! Twas not a horse just a sculpture!


It was a fourth day I remember,
Gazed at the tree with full of leaves, but magical
I felt like standing under it for a relief.
Oh! No! It didn’t offer me shadow. Not a single leaf!


Twas the day number five I behold
The sky was replete with the cluster of clouds
And kissed by wind, I guessed for rain.
Neither drizzling nor scudding but still remaining!


It was sixth, my eyes were fixed
Upon the beaming and powerful sun
Yet it couldn’t chase the dews
I fathomed that twas not dawn, but the sun was drawn!


On the last day I met
The young ruler of the land
He told me that he was a prince
Puzzled me suddenly! Begging instead of bestowing!


When I was about to leave, I found a letter
It depicted my identity then confusions were uncluttered.
I perused it written “You are what you’ve seen”
I understood what it did actually mean.


I am that charming flower
Never offered the aroma
I am that vigorous eagle
Never soared in the sky
I am that healthy horse
Never moved an inch
I am that antique tree
Never granted shade
I am that pleasing clouds
Never rained till now
I am that shining sun
Never risen at all
Living here like a prince
But, actually a beggar!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube