03 September 2019

POEM: THE LETTER, TO MY GIFT

Posted by Vinoth Subramanian | Tuesday, September 03, 2019 Categories: , , , ,



I never knew it before
That I would get a couple of gifts from my creator
One is my life
And the other one is precious than that


The gift is not going to be with me
And will not remain for me

IT’S YOU MY GIFT! MY MEMORABLE GIFT!

I did not get you from anyone
And did not own you for any event
Still you are a gift to me
The date of your expiry will be the date of my death

I never loved myself as you did
I never thought of myself as you thought
You just taught me the meaning of what I mean
You came.... in my life
You came.... for my life
And you came for me one day!
And there you came in to me as a precious gift

What you have bestowed was best of my life
The sacred memories cannot be socially shared
I will bury it in my mind
As a secret treasure

When a gift is given
The giver will be thanked
But, for me, there is no giver
Hence, I thank you my gift and you must be more precious than givers

Let this life go as it goes
Let it end as it ends
Let me pray for one more life
Only you and I know why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube