10 March 2018

THE LETTER, TO MY BETRAYER.

Posted by Vinoth Subramanian | Saturday, March 10, 2018 Categories: , , , ,


I predicted a treachery from you
Still I trusted
Cause I trusted my trust
Thank you very much for terminating it

I don’t feel for you
Rather I do a lot for my sin!
I forgave you once
Trusted you again out of sense
I never knew that the act of forgiving was an unpardonable sin
Thank you so much my beloved betrayer
For teaching me through your wicked victimisation

I thought of you, I thought of others
But, failed to think of my well/being
Hence I pay for it now

There were many
Afflicted me, hurt me, deceived me and dejected me
But, you are the first one to betray me
Thank you very much you brutal betrayer
For teaching me the meaning of selfishness

Don’t think that I may come and ask you the explanation one day
Even my residue will not return
Once is gone, gone forever

This life may be even tougher to me in the future
But, each and every second of my breath will remember your betrayal
In case if I have a progeny in the future
I will narrate the story of you
Even if I don’t
The progeny of my sibling will listen to a bed time story from me
I will narrate this when I’ve nothing to narrate.

“Once there was a guy
Who was scared of falling in love
Yet he got some chances to try
He hesitated as he was visually challenged
Rejected a few, ran from few
Decomposed the deepest desire once it disturbed
Satisfied to survive in celibacy

The opportunity knocked his door
By a very close relative
The mother and the father of that girl had come along with her to his house
Asked to have him as her daughter’s spouse
The family of that guy was shocked
As her mother was not willing in the beginning
She insisted them  that her daughter should live in their house
The father of that guy asked the opinion of the girl
She said yes in front of everybody
Both sides have decided to make them a couple
His father promised that he would come six months after the guy’s sibling’s wedding
The guy doubtfully asked the mother of the girl
She regretted about her initial denial
And ready to accept him as her son-in-law
As her daughter also was interested

The guy asked the girl again in the night
She said okay and already said okay
He reminded her about his visual impairment
And admonished about the tough days of the future
She said it was not an issue at all
He asked about her mother’s mind-set
Who may change her words at anytime
The girl replied that she would convince her mother if anything happens against their union
He insisted her to think twice
She said that she already had a thought on him
And waited for her parent’s consent
She suspected his stability
And asked him the possibility of leaving her if any circumstances approach
He replied strongly
That the history may admit that she had left him
And certainly not that he had done it to her
Only few mosquitoes were witnessing their conversation
And they were killed on the spot!

Couple of months had slipped
The mother of that girl was even faster
Came up with the news
That their horoscopes were matching
The guy had undergone a few interviews
Conducted by the relatives of that girl
They didn’t object as they already knew him since childhood
One of the girl’s relatives asked her opinion
She strongly replied she was ready
Her mother was reconfirming with the guy
He said what he had said to that girl
That the history may admit that she had left him
And certainly not that he had done it to her
Her mother had reminded him the promise of his father
He told her not to worry as his father will keep his promise
The marriage of that guy’s sibling has got over
His father was ready for the official move as promised
He started anticipating that anxious moment
But, do you know what happened one day?”

I will halt the story with a question mark
And will deliberately wait for the reposing child to respond
It would have slept by the time
And, will wake up in the next morning
I will ask about the narrated story
That child would have forgotten the half

The same story will be narrated in the following night
And, I will pause on the same spot with the same question
“Do you know what happened one day?”
That child would have slept and will respond in a same way
The same thing will happen in the next day also
Same answer, same bed, same story, same narration, same pause and same response of that child
There I will feel happy for the sleeping child
For not knowing the story of a betrayal
And sleeping in the middle of the story
One day that child may ask your name
I’ll remain silent and say it to myself
“BETRAYAL WOULD BE HER BETTER NAME.”

The End

1 comment:

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube