03 December 2017

POEM: THE LETTER, TO MY DISCRIMINATOR.

Posted by Vinoth Subramanian | Sunday, December 03, 2017 Categories: , , ,


I’m happy to be a visually challenged
As I was the one who saw your unmasked countenance
Your appetizing accent was self-flattery.
You’re plastic smile was your selfishness

Your starting step was to sap me.
You’re satisfied by achieving it.
Your sentences carried scalpels
Certainly to set me down.

You’re venomous versions varied from time to time
You felt happy hurting me through your sentences and silence
You gathered gratification from gratuitous insults
And you wanted to play a game on me.

You played well without letting me go for a spell
If you want to be a winner
Be a winner forever
My loss has nothing to do your whim of victory.

Tasting someone’s tears for thirst is not good
Only tyrants and terrorists would do
They are not different from a discriminator.
And the creator knows what you’ve been to me.

You never heeded my needs
Invariably indented from your instincts
Tested me to throw and you threw
Avoiding me was your actual ambition I knew.

You wanted me to ignore your harshness
Your ego never entertained other’s boldness
I boldly expressed you to understand
You were anticipating that moment and undermined.

You are a polished politician
Pretended to be smart
After composing a cluster of grievances,
Acted to resolve them was your ultimate art.

I was taken aback of your manifestation of modern untouchability
And never expected from you at the level of maturity
May god come and clean your mind
If he could find any such thing in you!

Fall at your feet may call off my plights
I’m always ready
If you’re my mother/sister/ladylove/friend/daughter even my enemy
But—but—you’re my discriminator.

The end.

Vinoth Subramanian.

Note: This poem doesn’t represent any other physically challenged category except visually challenged. Please don’t try to find the addressee of the poem by contacting the author.
Shares and comments are welcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube